Colin

Posted on Monday, November 2, 2009

The glory of @font-face still yet to come

After reading about @font-face" while browsing through features of CSS3, i immediately did a google search on tutorials for embedding fonts. The tutorial seems easy enough. I hosted my fonts on my server and set the code right. I excitedly click the preview button and my hope came crashing down.......

It doesn't work on my firefox 3.5+ but it does on IE 8.0 and Chrome.Even though it works on Chrome, there is a alignment problem for Chrome. Bumper. Much to my surprise, it was IE who rendered and aligned the embedded fonts most accurately. But this was understandable because IE had been supporting @font-face since IE4.0! Cool but obviously no one gave a shit about it.

Then i realised how stupid i was... If @font-face was as good and stable it was hyped up to be, why didn't any tutorials used embedded fonts for their text? crapz...

Anyway, i stripped away all embedded fonts,only leaving the "Name" alone.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home